Preparation time: 10 minutes. Serves: 6
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 75g (3oz) fresh rice or fine egg noodles
- Handful each of baby corn, mangetout, baby spinach or other leafy green vegetables
- ½ red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into fine strips
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2cm (1 inch) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons Teriyaki sauce or oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil to a high heat in a wok or frying pan. Add the baby corn, mangetout and pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the baby spinach or other leafy green vegetables, shallot, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Drizzle with sauce to taste before serving.
Stir-frying is a quick and healthy method of cooking. You should use only a small amount of oil and cook the food quickly to retain all the nutrients. The oil should be very hot, to seal the food and limit the absorption of fat. Do not be tempted to add extra oil when stir-frying to prevent the food from sticking. Remember that you also stir-fry with water, wine, sherry or stock.
Categories: The Best Recipes of All Times