Your pledge: To always be concerned about the morale of staff and aim to up staff’s level of engagement.
By staff’s level of engagement is meant how much interest and commitment do they have for their jobs at the hotel. Managers and supervisors should be able to answer and address the following 12 questions that determine whether staffs are: engaged, not engaged or actively disengaged at work. Making sure each question is addressed will increase staff’s engagement in their work and benefit everyone. Exhaustive research done by Marcus Buckingham of the Gallup Organization has shown that if these points are addressed staff will be much happier and engaged in their jobs.
- Do I know what is expected of me at work at your hotel brand?
- Do I have the right materials and equipment that I need in order to do my work right?
- At work, do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?
- In the past seven days, have I received recognition or praise for doing good work?
- Does my supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about me as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
- At your hotel brand, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission or purpose of your hotel brand make me feel my job is important?
- Are my co-workers committed to quality work and the brand standards?
- Do I have a best friend at work?
- In the past six months, has someone at work talked to me about my progress?
- This past year, have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow at your hotel brand?
Values in place at the Hotel
These values apply to all staffs and managers across all hotels and lodges:
- Aim to exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Know and deliver the quality brand standards.
- Enjoy your work, have fun with a respect for quality.
- Have a passion for detail, small things matter.
- Believe in simplicity, clear communication, and teamwork.
- Anticipate what may happen, be proactive in problem-solving.
- Be willing to learn and develop the creative side of your personality.
- Approach your job with cost consciousness and an efficient profit orientation. Treat your work like it was your own business.
- Be honest, responsible and accountable.
Categories: QUALITY BRAND STANDARDS