Definition of a seafood restaurant
A seafood restaurant is a restaurant that specializes in seafood cuisine and seafood dishes, such as fish and shellfish, prawns, lobster e.t.c. Dishes may include freshwater fish. The concept may focus on the preparation and service of fresh seafood. Seafood tends to refer to marine animals which are considered edible. There are many other broader definitions of seafood, which say that anything that comes out of the sea, including fish and even seaweed, is seafood. “The term ‘fish’ includes all fresh or saltwater finfish, molluscan shellfish, crustaceans, and other forms of aquatic animal life.
Generally, if someone sits down in a restaurant and orders a Seafood Antipasto or a Seafood Salad, they are not expecting to see a hunk of salmon on it: they are expecting calamari, scallop, shrimp, shellfish, etc. Are you in the seafood restaurant business? If your answer is yes, then this article offers the best operational guideline for you.
The following are some of the brand standards that could help you in increasing productivity while maximizing effective customer service in the seafood restaurant business;
Seafood restaurant brand standard
Your pledge: To provide consistent, exceptional quality seafood with alternative personal service.
- The guest is acknowledged within 30 seconds of arrival with eye contact and a warm friendly smile and a verbal greeting.
- The guest is asked for his preferred sitting position and the number of guests is clarified.
- The guest(s) is asked if they have any reservation, their name and number are taken.
- Guests are invited to have a pre-dinner drink at the seafood bar as (an aperitif) as they wait to be shown their table.
- The manager/supervisor escort the guests to their table and sat. Their satisfaction is checked with the location.
- Guests are assisted with napkins and spare place settings are removed.
- Their waiter enthusiastically approaches guests within 30 seconds of seating with eye contact, a warm smile and a verbal greeting and introduces him/herself. Extra covers are removed.
- Both wine list and menu is offered immediately the waiter retreats back to his position to await other guests.
- The waiter establishes whether the guest is ready to order after 2 minutes. Information is offered about selection available.
- The beverage order is taken, drinks are served within 3 minutes of ordering from a clean tray and glasses handled by the base.
- Food order is taken from the right side, ladies first, starters, main dish, dessert or any other additional information. All details are repeated back to the guest for clarification. The place setting is laid with correct items for food ordered.
- For dinner, hot towels are offered for cleaning hands and biting is offered thereafter. Garlic bread served together with biting to complement the meal.
- Starters will be served within 10 minutes after ordering while the main dish (food order) is served within 20 minutes of ordering (unless agreed with the guest otherwise), with appropriate cutlery and accompaniments.
- Guest satisfaction is checked 15 minutes after the main course has been started. Wine is replenished regularly during the meal and additional drinks offered.
- The table is cleared of all dirty and excess crockery and cutlery within 2 minutes of finishing each course. Additional drinks are offered every time there’s only ¼ of drink remaining in the glass.
- The guest is offered dessert, coffee or liqueurs, fresh cutlery is laid and condiments removed. Desserts are served within 3 minutes of ordering.
- Tea and coffee are served within 3 minutes of ordering.
- Ashtrays will be cleared with no more than 2 butts in the ashtray at a time.
- Guests will be presented with the correct bill within 4 minutes of the request.
- The change will be returned within 5 minutes after paying.
- Guests will be thanked by name when leaving and wished a pleasant day/evening.
Categories: Quality Brand Standard